Refunding a ticket means terminating the contract of air transportation on the flight indicated on the ticket.
The conditions for refunding a ticket depend on the reason for the refund and the fare, at which the carriage was issued.
In case of an involuntary refund of the ticket, the passenger will receive a full refund of the fare indicated on the ticket. To return a ticket on an involuntary refund, you must contact the place where you purchased the ticket.
If you purchased your ticket on flyredwings.com, you can return it in My Bookings or by calling the Contact Centre at 8 (800) 350-99-77. For involuntary refunds due to medical reasons and death please send a request with supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is an involuntary refund?
An involuntary refund is a refund for reasons beyond the control of the passenger. The list of these reasons is established by Federal Aviation Regulation «General rules for air transportation of passengers», approved by the Order of Russian Ministry of Transport from 28.06.2007 ¹82, p. 227-228).
Here is what is included in the list:
- Cancellation or delay of the flight indicated on the ticket
- Change of the transport itinerary by the carrier
- The flight is not on schedule
- Failed departure of the passenger due to impossibility to provide him/her with a seat for the flight and date indicated on the ticket
- Failed carriage of a passenger on an aircraft caused by the passenger's delay at the airport due to duration of inspection, if during baggage or personal inspection of the passenger no substances and items forbidden for carriage were found
- Failure by the carrier to connect flights in case of a single flight
- Sudden illness of a passenger or a member of their family/close relative accompanying them on the aircraft (if there is an official document), or in connection with death of a member of their family or a close relative, which is confirmed by documents, provided that the carrier is notified before the end of check-in of passengers for the flight indicated on the ticket
- Failure to provide service to the passenger in the class indicated in the ticket
- Misuse of the ticket by the carrier or its authorized agent
If the passenger returns the ticket for medical reasons, it must be confirmed by duly issued medical documents (certificate of illness, certificate of incapacity for work with an opinion on the contraindications to flying, medical record extract). The document must bear:
- The name of the medical institution issuing the document must be clearly spelled out and legible
- Details of the institution
- The seal of the institution
- Clearly readable position and name of the medical specialist, certified by the name seal
- Date of issue of the medical document
- Dates of illness that correspond to the dates of the flight and the conclusion about contraindications for the flight on the date of departure of the aircraft indicated in the ticket
Please notify us of your involuntary refund before the end of the established check-in time. To do this, call the Contact Centre: 8 (800) 350-99-77 — toll-free within Russia; +7 (495) 212-12-51 — for calls within Moscow.
If a passenger is compelled to return a ticket due to flight changes, the airline, at the passenger's request, will make a note in the carriage document or issue a document confirming the circumstances of the return.
For all other cases other than involuntary refunds, the refund of the ticket is deemed voluntary. You may only return your ticket at the place of purchase in accordance with the fare rules, for which the ticket was issued.
If you purchased your ticket on flyredwings.com, you can do it yourself via My Bookings.
For Light fare no refunds are available, but you can change your ticket to a different date before check-in is completed. To do this, please call Contact Centre 8 (800) 350-99-77 or go to My bookings section on the website.
Refund on voucher
For tickets issued until and including 30 April 2020 and with a travel date from 18 March 2020, refunds will be made on a voucher which can be used to pay for tickets and extras in future on yourself or someone you know.
Read more about the rules on vouchers here.
A ticket can be reissued (exchanged) in two cases:
- Change of journey conditions (date, time of departure)
- Mistakes in passport data
Flight date/time can be changed at the place of purchase according to the fare rules.
If you purchased your ticket at website, you can change the ticket yourself in My bookings section or by calling the Contact Centre at 8 (800) 350-99-77.
If you make a mistake in your passport data (typo in your name, document number or date of birth), you can have the mistake corrected for an additional fee. The fee for this service is 1 000 ₽.